Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents This collection contains two series: Alexander Family Material and Alexander Funeral Home. Alexander Family Material contains documents generated by the patriarch of the family, Zechariah Alexander, primarily in his duties as an officer in the Freem Masons and the Shriners organizations. The Alexander Funeral Home subseries contains documents dealing with the operation of the Alexander Funeral Home, currently the oldest continously operating African-American owned funeral business in the city...
Overview Papers documenting the activities of the NAACP, with an emphasis on the work and correspondence of Kelly Alexander, Sr. and his sons Kelly Alexander, Jr. and Alfred Alexander. Includes papers from the National Board, the North Carolina chapter and the Charlotte chapter. Contains minutes, correspondence, reports, speeches, press releases, membership records, photographs, and memorabilia. Topics covered include school segregation, housing and employment discrimination and the Charlotte Area Fund.
Overview The Charlotte Business guild was created in 1992 as a professional network for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and allied members of the community. The collection includes organization records such as meeting minutes, a member directory, newsletters, donation letters, and clippings.
Overview Sue Henry is a gay rights pioneer in Charlotte, North Carolina. The papers consist of materials created and collected by Sue Henry as proprietor of the Rising Moon Books & Beyond bookstore, Charlotte mayoral candidate, and member of a range of social and political organizations.
Scope and Contents The J. Murrey Atkins Library Records document the history and functions of UNC Charlotte’s Atkins Library and its predecessor, the library at Charlotte College. This collection consists of correspondence, memoranda, meeting minutes, annual reports, newsletters, statistics, working papers, subject files, photographs, building plans, and memorabilia. Also included are accession books and financial ledgers from the Charlotte College library dating from 1957 to 1964 and audio-visual recordings of...
Overview The George Terry Lathrop papers concerns his career in city planning, land use, and especially traffic planning. The papers span from 1960 to 2002, though the bulk of the collection spans from about 1974 to 1998.
Scope and Contents The University of North Carolina System Records consists of files pertaining to the System Board of Governors, such as long-range planning reports, minutes, and newsletters; to the System President, specifically President’s Reports; and to the general administration of the various System campuses including faculty handbooks and mission statements. Also included is the inaugural address of System President Molly Corbett Broad (1998). Some of the files originated in the UNC Charlotte Chancellor’s...
- Subject: Newsletters X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 5
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: firstname.lastname@example.org; 704-687-1170] 2
- Alexander, Kelly M. 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 2
- Alexander Funeral Home (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Alexander family 1
- Alexander, Zechariah, 1877-1954 1
- Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, Inc. (Prince Hall Affiliated) 1
- Barton-Aschman Associates 1
- Charlotte Business Guild (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte College 1
- Chavis, Ben, 1948- 1
- Cone, Bonnie E. , 1907-2003 1
- Evers-Williams, Myrlie 1
- Henry, Sue L. 1
- Hooks, Benjamin L. (Benjamin Lawson), 1925-2010 1
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte) 1
- John Hamburg and Associates 1
- Kaplan, Kivie, 1904-1975 1
- Lathrop, George T. 1
- Mitchell, Clarence M. (Clarence Maurice), 1911-1984 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Charlotte Branch. 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. North Carolina State Conference 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. North Carolina State Conference of Branches 1
- Rising Moon Books & Beyond (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Sevearance, Chad 1
- Southern Growth Policies Board 1
- Southern Growth Policies Board. Commission on the Future of the South 1
- United States -- Department of Transportation 1
- University of North Carolina (System) 1
- University of North Carolina (System). Board of Governors 1
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 1
- Wilkins, Roy, 1901-1981 1
- Woodward, James H. (University chancellor) 1
- Yale University 1 ∧ less