Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 20
Overview Consists mostly of the correspondence of William Davidson Alexander, Susan Amelia Ramsey Alexander and James Gettys McGready Ramsey. Includes letters, deeds, estates records and genealogical information.
Dates: 1815 - 1940; 1860 - 1879
Overview Papers docuenting James Harrison Arthur's work as a textile mill accountant in North and South Carolina and the business and financial records of John Clough Farrar, a wholesale grocer and cotton broker in Charleston, South Carolina and planter in Union county, South Carolina. Includes correspondence, subject files, daily expense records, plantation account books, photographs and genealogical material. Also includes some material on James Park McComb's gold mining activities in Charlotte.
Dates: 1809 - 1978
Collection — Box: SFC2 [F09.090.02.02], Folder: 223
Overview Items relating to Confederate General and Charlottean Rufus Clay Barringer. Photocopies of newspaper and periodical articles and a copy of Barringer's diary while imprisoned at Fort Delaware in 1865.
Dates: 1863 - 1995; 1863 - 1993
Overview Collection consists largely of letters written by William Wallace Beard, a member of the Mississippi 18th Regiment in the Confederate Army. The letters are written during his time as a soldier in the United States Civil War largely from different sites around Virginia. It includes 32 letters (30 of which are from Beard and 2 of which are from Col. A.P. Hill) and one furlough document.
Dates: 1861-08 - 1865-04
Collection — Box: SFC2 [F09.090.02.02], Folder: 152
Overview Papers documenting the history of northern Mecklenburg county and the Lake Norman area. Includes newspaper and magazine articles as well as an essay entitled "Caldwell Family History," concerning descendants of the Lipe family.
Dates: 1985 - 1991
Overview Collection of Civil War documents relating to the daily operations of the Union Army at their camp at Port Royal, S.C.
Dates: 1862 - 1865
Overview Primarily photocopies and transcripts of the antebellum and Civil War papers of William Leonidas Faulkner, who served in Company I, 17th South Carolina Volunteers and died in a Union prison camp. The letters discuss typical concerns of a soldier, such as troop movements, reports of sickness and news of friends and relatives. Places represented in the correspondences include for or more locations in each of the following: NC, SC, Miss. and Va. Also includes papers and genealogical information...
Dates: 1790 - 1997
Overview This collection of two items (a diary recorded in 1864 and 1865, and a New Testament) were the property of James H. Evans, of Company F, 7th Wisconsin Volunteers. Evans was taken prisoner and incarcerated at the POW Camp in Salisbury, NC. He died on January 28, 1865. A few of the diary entries that merit particular attention are for May 5 and 6, 1864 (the days when Evans saw combat and was taken prisoner), November 25 (an attempted prison break-out), Sunday, December 18 (when three men...
Dates: 1864 - 1865
Overview Thirty-page typescript transcription of the Civil War memoirs of Nicholas Biddle Gibbon, written between 1861 and 1866, and describing his service in North Carolina and Virginia as a drill master and commissary in the 1st and 28th North Carolina Regiments. Also includes genealogical information about Gibbon's family and that of his wife, Harriet Cornelia Alexander, a descendant of Hezekiah Alexander. All materials are reproductions.
Dates: 1799 - 2000
Collection — Oversize Box: OF14 [F09.002.07.002], Folder: 2
Overview Three drafts of a love letter to Goodwin from David R. Autry, a Confederate soldier stationed at Camp Holmes in Raleigh; two poems, presumably by Goodwin; photographs; and genealogical/biographical information.
Dates: 1864 - 1971
- Subject: United States -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- Alexander family 2
- Henderson family 2
- Alexander, Sue Ramsey 1
- Alexander, William Davidson 1
- Arthur family 1
- Autry, David R. (Confederate soldier) 1
- Banks family 1
- Barringer, Rufus 1
- Bible Society of the Confederate States of America 1
- Brotherton, Ken 1
- Cedar Grove House (N.C.) 1
- Clark, Richard Lee 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment (1st) 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment (28th) 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 11th 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 21st 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. South Carolina Infantry Regiment, 17th 1
- Echols, Emma Reid 1
- Evans, James H. 1
- Farrar family 1
- Faulkner family 1
- Faulkner, William Leonidas 1
- Gibbon family 1
- Gibbon, Nicholas Biddle 1
- Goodwin, Virginia Caroline 1
- Harrell family 1
- Harris, J. G. 1
- Henderson, Willis Irwin 1
- Hill, A. P., (A. Powell) 1
- Horton, George Moses 1
- Irwin family 1
- Irwin, Batte 1
- Irwin, John Robinson 1
- Irwin, Mary Hays 1
- Lane, James Henry, 1833-1907 1
- Martin, Wm. J. (William Joseph), 1830-1896 1
- Ney, Peter Stuart 1
- Pettigrew, James Johnston, 1828-1863 1
- Platt, Jesse K. 1
- Platt, William H. 1
- Ramsey family 1
- Ramsey, J. G. M. (James Gettys McGready) 1
- Robinson family 1
- Robinson, Catherine Hays 1
- Sexton, Franklin Barlow 1
- Siewers, John Daniel 1
- Siewers, Nathaniel Shober 1
- Springs, Andrew Baxter 1
- Stuart, Samuel Jackson 1
- Torrance family 1
- Torrance, Hugh 1
- Torrance, James 1
- Torrance, Richard Allison 1
- United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment (127th) (1862-1865) 1
- United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment (146th) (1862-1865) 1
- United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment (5th) (1861-1863) 1
- United States. Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment (7th) (1861-1865) 1 ∧ less