Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Scope and Contents The Department of Art and Art History records consist primarily of departmental planning packets, annual reports and faculty meeting minutes, mostly concentrated from 1980 to 1998. Also included in these records are guidelines for a variety of everyday functions of the department, such as course evaluation forms and nominations for honorary degrees. These records detail the events of what would become the Department of Art under the leadership of Professors Spence, Byrum, and Kovach. Also...
Dates: 1975 - 2011
Summary Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when Dean W. Colvard held the office.
Dates: 1964 - 1979
Summary Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when E. K. Fretwell held the office.
Dates: 1966 - 1989
Summary Records from the Office of the Chancellor concerning installations of Chancellors Colvard, Fretwell, Woodward, and Dubois.
Dates: 1966 - 2006
Overview Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when James H. Woodward held the office.
Dates: 1985 - 2007
Overview The collection includes meeting agendas, minutes, supporting documentation, and correspondence of the chancellor's executive staff committee.
Dates: 1979 - 2001
Summary Records of Faculty Governance of Charlotte College and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Includes correspondence, minutes, and reports of the General Faculty (later Faculty Council) and faculty committees, along with files of the Faculty President, covering topics such as curriculum, grants, honorary degrees, and other matters of university governance. Also includes numerous revisions of the faculty constitution.
Overview Personal papers of Elbert Kirtley (E.K.) Fretwell, Jr. (1923-2012), the second chancellor of UNC Charlotte (1979-1989). Includes files regarding his service as Vice Consul in Czechoslovakia; his education and early teaching days; his positions at City University of New York, State University of New York at Buffalo, and UNC Charlotte; his involvement with various associations and commissions concerning higher education and transportation, including numerous trips abroad; his publications,...
Dates: 1945 - 2008
Overview The Niner Nation Remembers Oral History Project is a collection of oral history interviews exploring interviewees' experiences and reflections concerning the April 30, 2019 campus shooting at UNC Charlotte, in which Reed Parlier and Riley Howell were killed and four others were injured. Participants in this project include UNC Charlotte students, administrators, staff, and faculty as well as first responders and law enforcement officers. Interviews cover personal experiences on the night of the...
Overview This collection consists of UNC Charlotte policy statements and manuals from 1977-2002.
Dates: 1977 - 2002
- Subject: Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Administration X
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: firstname.lastname@example.org; 704-687-1170] 8
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of the Chancellor 6
- Fretwell, E. K., 1923-2012 4
- Woodward, James H. (University chancellor) 3
- Colvard, Dean W., 1913-2007 2
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities 1
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges 1
- Boy Scouts of America 1
- Buffalo State College 1
- Charlotte College 1
- City University of New York. Administration 1
- City-County Consolidation Study Committee (Mecklenburg County, N.C.) 1
- Cone, Bonnie E. , 1907-2003 1
- Dubois, Philip L. 1
- John Hay Whitney Foundation 1
- Munn, James Buell 1
- New York State American Revolution Bicentennial Commission 1
- North Carolina Transportation Museum 1
- North Carolina. State Board of Education. North Carolina Education Standards and Accountability Commission 1
- Orr, Douglas Milton 1
- Rotary Club of Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Sanford, J. Kenneth 1
- Sutcliffe, James Helme 1
- United States. Consulate (Prague, Czechoslovakia) 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Dept. of Art 1 ∧ less