- keyword(s): identifier:ms0133
Showing Results: 1 - 10 of 17
Overview Primarily routine correspondence of a state senator from Mecklenburg County and U.S. Circuit Court judge. Includes letters from presidents Kennedy and Johnson and from members of the federal judiciary. Also includes items relating to his attempt (1957) to establish the North Carolina Stonewall Jackson Memorial Fund.
Collection — Box: SFC1 [F09.090.02.01], Folder: 14
Scope and Contents Papers of a Charlotte widow, including a deed (1848) for a Charlotte lot and an insurance policy (1853) on Young's house, shares of stock (1852) in the Concord Manufacturing Company, receipts (1847, 1849) signed by William Waightstill Avery for property in Morganton, a survey (1855) of land in Cabarrus County, and slave records.
Collection — Box: SFC1 [F09.090.02.01], Folder: 126
Overview Letter to Allen Thorndike Rice, publisher of the North American Review, concerning an article (probably "Perpetual Forces") he expected to have ready for the September, 1877 issue.
Collection — Box: SFC1 [F09.090.02.01], Folder: 107
Overview This collection consists of performance reviews of William Shakespeare's play, Troilus and Cressida. Consisting of 190 reviews, the clippings have been taken from the Theatre Records scrapbooks compiled by the Shakespeare Centre Library. These reviews appeared in British newspapers and magazines. The reviews relate specifically to performances at the Shakespeare Memorial Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon, England from 1936 through 1976. Also includes a photographic postcard of the theatre.
Collection — Box: SFC1 [F09.090.02.01], Folder: 142
Overview Material relating to this poet and native Charlottean and his appearance on "New Voices," a program on WUNC-FM radio about seven young North Carolina writers.
Collection — Box: SFC1 [F09.090.02.01], Folder: 19
Overview Response to Mickey Mizell in appreciation for comments on Rutledge's poetry. There are seven signed bookmarks illustrating his plantation, Hampton, and containing poems by him.
Collection — Box: SFC1 [F09.090.02.01], Folder: 15
Overview Proposal by a student in the UNC Charlotte College of Architecture to convert the abandoned First Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church in uptown Charlotte into a film school and museum.
Collection — Box: SFC1 [F09.090.02.01], Folder: 18
Scope and Contents Letter to J. Thompson Brown, English professor at Winthrop College, from Dubose Heyward (1885-1940), thanking him for his comments on Porgy and Bess.
Collection — Box: SFC1 [F09.090.02.01], Folder: 35
Scope and Contents Letter from Queen Charlotte to her son William (later King William IV) admonishing him for his melancholia while at school in Germany.
Collection — Box: SFC1 [F09.090.02.01], Folder: 45
Overview Material relating to book collecting activities of a New Jersey collector of children's books and toys. Includes correspondence, catalogs, and other information on early American children's books, especially horn books. Correspondents include Philip James and Andrew Tuer.
- Authors, American 3
- Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence 2
- Poets, American 2
- African Americans in literature 1
- Blue collar workers -- Diaries 1
- Cabarrus County (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Children's books -- Collectors and collecting 1
- Church architecture -- North Carolina -- Designs and plans 1
- Education -- Southern States 1
- Education, Higher -- Administration 1
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Educators -- American 1
- Girls' schools -- Pennsylvania 1
- Judges -- North Carolina -- Correspondence 1
- Legislators -- North Carolina -- Correspondence 1
- Married women -- United States -- Correspondence -- 19th century 1
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) 1
- Nineteen seventies -- Diaries 1
- Nineteen sixties -- Diaries 1
- North Carolina -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Pamphlets -- Publishing 1
- Queens -- Correspondence 1
- Slavery -- Southern States 1
- Theater reviews 1
- Women -- Southern States 1
- Women -- United States -- Correspondence -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Charlotte College 2
- Bell, J. Spencer (Jesse Spencer) 1
- Bernard, Charles C. (Charles Cecil) 1
- Brown, J. Thompson (English professor) 1
- Carver College (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte, Queen, consort of George III, King of Great Britain 1
- Chestnut Street Female Seminary 1
- Davidson College 1
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo 1
- Evans, Raymond Floyd 1
- Fu, Wayne C. W. 1
- Galvin, Hoyt R. (Hoyt Rees) 1
- Hamilton, James 1
- Heyward, DuBose 1
- Hutchison, Susan Nye (Susan Nye Davis) 1
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines) 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald) 1
- Liner, Amon 1
- Ney, Peter Stuart 1
- Ogontz School 1
- Perry, America Hamilton 1
- Perry, Charles A. (Charles Alexander) 1
- Queen City Printing Company 1
- Rice, Allen Thorndike 1
- Royal Shakespeare Company 1
- Rutledge, Archibald (Archibald Hamilton) 1
- Shakespeare, William 1
- Smoot, J. Edward (James Edward) 1
- Spratt family 1
- Spratt, Thomas Dryden 1
- Stone, Wilbur Macey 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 1
- William, IV, King of Great Britain 1
- Young, Sarah 1 ∧ less